What is the quickstart package?
Our quickstart packages are complete Joomla installations that have been personalised for our demo template. The zip contains an entire Joomla installation as well as the Jom Classifieds extensions we used on the demo site. The sample data in the quickstart package is also personalised according to the template and is different to the sample data found in the default Joomla package. But if you have Joomla already running you can't use Quickstart package with sample data and you need to install template and Jom Classifieds extensions independantly via the Joomla installer.
How to install quickstart package?
- At first download the quickstart package from your account. (You should find 2 options, One for Joomla 2.5 and other for Joomla 3.x. Just download one as per your wish.)
- Then Extract the zip package and transfer the content to your web server via FTP software, we recommend FileZilla.
- Now you need to set up the database for your Joomla installation.
- Go to your local or web- server and find PHPMyadmin
- Type in the database name you like for your MYSQL
- Create a user for the database
- In browser, type: www.yoursitename.com
- There is your fresh installer
- Choose your language click on Next
- Make sure all your server settings are green click on Next
- Joomla Licence click on Next
- Fill in the MYSQL database information you just created, host name, username and password and database name click on Next
- FTP Configuration Leave it as it is if you do not want to us FTP layer click on Next
- Type in your site name, email address and admin password to use in backend
- Follow the massage: Completely remove the installation directory from your server
- Go to server and remove the installation file
- Go to yoursitename and you are all set with a demo Joomla site.