Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Terms and conditions page url - error when saving

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2129

• Adam Jawad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,
I'm trying to setup and link the terms of use page into the component configuration but I get the following error on saving the link while when I tested my page on the front-end and it works (www.freebeead.com/index.php?option=com_c...icle&id=1&Itemid=116 ).
Here is the error:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help...I have Joomla 3.2.3 on a godaddy shared Linux hosting
Best regards
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2136

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Regarding the 404 error while saving the configurations, this issues is due to the Social Script that you have provided in your configuration. Kindly remove it and check. Actually your server is not allowing to save JS script which is not our issue. So kindly contact your hosting and they will help you.

Thanks.

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2151

• Adam Jawad
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Admin,
Can you please elaborate. I have removed the SocialBookmark module and the error is the same. I have taken your quick-start package; it installed fine as you can see on my website (www.freebeead.com ), I have modified the jomClassifieds configuration and it saved fine.
All I have done now is creating the TOU article and assigned it to a hidden menu, copied the link and trying to past it into generalConfigurationSecuritySettings->Terms-and-Conditions-page-url as you have done in your demo site. Is it because your demo is running on Joomla2.5 while I’m running Joomla3.2.3. Have tested this feature on 3.2.3?
Also, can you please tell me where the host provider should look into.
Again, thank you so much for your help.
Adam

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2152

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Kindly send your Joomla admin username and password to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will check and update you.

Thanks.

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2191

• Adam Jawad
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
Thank you so much for your help; yes it is a hosting issue due to mod_security over configuration. Just for the audience/forum, the back door to resolving this issue was through phpMyadmin, find the jomClassified table, then edit the “Terms&conditions” field, paste as text the URL to your terms and conditions page then save.
Also to make your Terms of Use page, do the following steps:
1. Add a category in joomla (not JomClassfied) call it “Hidden”
2. Article manager: Add an article call it Terms of use” and set the category within the article to Hidden then save and close
3. Menu Manager: Create a new Menu and set the Tile  Hidden and the Menu type hidden then save and close
4. Now create a Menu-Item set the Title  Terms of use | Select menu item type  single article | Select article  Term of use | Menu Location Hidden
5. Copy Link: Before saving, click the Link field the do “Ctrl a” to select it, then “Ctrl c “ to copy it then save & close
6. Make note of the menu-item ID (on the far right)
7. Testing: open your browser and Append the link&ID after your domain as such: www.example.com/link&Itemid=IDnumber
8. If it works then copy the browser link and go to your phpMyadmin and place it into “terms&conditions DB field in jomClassified config table.
9. Here is a great video that shows you the above step:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Super User

Terms and conditions page url - error when saving 2 years 8 months ago #2196

Hello, I'm having the same problem. could you please explain in lay man terms where to find the joomclassified table, which file is it in. Also where the terms and condition page is? thank so much.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds