Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: List Subcategories of Current Category

List Subcategories of Current Category 10 months 3 weeks ago #6125

• Jonathan
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to list the subcategories of the current category? For instance, we have the following category structure:

For Sale
- Clothing
-- Accessories
-- Kids'
-- Women's
-- Men's

Our homepage is a category list of all categories set to go to the second level (so in this case, it would only show For Sale & Clothing, not the subcategories for clothing (accessories, etc...). We need, when a user clicks on Clothing from the homepage, for the Clothing category page to display a menu across the top displaying the "Accessories | Kid's | Women's | Men's".

Currently, I can make this happen using the menu module, and setting the Parent Category to "For Sale" and the Level to 1. However, this approach only works for pages reached via a menu item, and it requires dozens of additional modules to be created. Our homepage layout does not work off of menu items, so the module doesn't appear when these links are clicked.

I have tried creating an override of the Category view, using the mod_jomclassifieds_menu as a starting point, but I am unable to get it to work.

Please help, and thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

List Subcategories of Current Category 10 months 3 weeks ago #6126

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Dear Customer,

Goto Components-->Jom Classifieds-->General Configuration-->site display settings / Layout Settings.

Here make the Sub categories depth to 1 and check.

Thanks.

List Subcategories of Current Category 10 months 3 weeks ago #6128

• Jonathan
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't think I've fully explained my question...

- My website is www.westtnresale.com
- Looking at the "For Sale" category, there is "Clothing"
- Clothing has four subcategories (which I do not want displayed on the home page)
- When a user clicks on Clothing from the homepage, it shows all ads for Clothing
- I want the subcategories for Clothing to be displayed once a user clicks on Clothing and goes to the page that follows.

Basically, I need an override for the Category View that places the mod_jomclassifieds_menu at the top of the page. I understand I can do this using the module, but I can't apply the module to pages reached from the homepage, only from a menu item.

Thanks again!

List Subcategories of Current Category 10 months 3 weeks ago #6129

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
- My website is www.westtnresale.com
- Looking at the "For Sale" category, there is "Clothing"
- Clothing has four subcategories (which I do not want displayed on the home page)
- When a user clicks on Clothing from the homepage, it shows all ads for Clothing

All the above features can be done using our component itself.

- I want the subcategories for Clothing to be displayed once a user clicks on Clothing and goes to the page that follows.

But the subcategories will not displayed in the destination page. If you need this, please contact our customization team This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds