Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Facebook meta data

Facebook meta data 2 years 4 months ago #3153

• Kevin Cope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Do not take life too seriously.
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Guys

I know that there is a re-post for facebook, but I am looking at if a user posts to facebook, seems when you add the http:// of a advert it pulls the meta data from my main site description, seems it does not pick up the adverts logo as default either.

Now if the user has included the meta data within the advert this is not a issue as FB picks up the meta and does not use default, again the adverts picture is not default.

Can I suggest that:
We have the option to force users to use meta data, and we do need a Tooltip description to explain why this meta and description field is important for users.
If a user adds multiple images then the user will have to default which image he wants.

I think I have covered the basics if I have missed something or I have not set up SEO properly in settings then let me know.

Regards
Kevn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Facebook meta data 2 years 4 months ago #3174

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Dear Customer,

Kindly let me know what do you mean "re-post for facebook" ? Because through Jomclassifieds you can Share, Comment and Autopost using RSS feed in facebook. Kindly let me know when you are not able to display the images.

Regarding the Tooltip description, we will add this feature in our 2.8.0 version.

Thanks.

Facebook meta data 2 years 4 months ago #3184

• Kevin Cope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Do not take life too seriously.
  • Thank you received: 3
Ok,

I do not use share, do not know why so I think a lot of users are like me just copy then browser address in to FB.

When meta is fill in then not a problem seems that if meta is not filled then FB does not pick up the advert details, reverts to main meta description in Joomla Global, that said I have not filled in SEO for categories or in my menu, then again that will not stop a general description and keywords, as it will not relate to advert.

Images do come up but if using the above way of copy and paste browser address I have to choose the picture I want normally between 2-8. If a picture has been load it does not come first it is in there somewhere.

Great news on tooltip it is needed, as at present I do it for them hope that we can force meta to be added,well to be honest all in POST an Advert we should be able to force a yes or no setting in backend will solve be a good fix for this.

Thanks Again

Facebook meta data 2 years 4 months ago #3189

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
We got it... and will suggest our developer to provide an option to make the meta keywords and meta description as a mandatory field. Also in future we will provide option to display or hide the fields in the Ad form.

Regarding the option to set a default image, we will pass this to our product team.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Cope
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds