Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No Premium Types - $? to Set Up Paid Ads

No Premium Types - $? to Set Up Paid Ads 3 years 4 months ago #388

• Chris Frye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
There are no premium "types", as there is no "New" button to add a premium type to the database. The component allows you to price and describe a single premium type.

How much would it cost to have customization to the component as follows:

1. Paid classified ads. One price for all adverts is acceptable. Even acceptable with, or without, any premium advert option. (i.e., I would prefer to still have the premium add-on price option when seller is buying an advert, but I could live without it for now if it makes it easier to retrofit the component so it can implement paid adverts);

2. The flow would be:
a. Seller creates acct/logs in
b. Seller completes the add advert form ( currently known as :: views/user/tmpl/add.php form )
c. Submitting the form directs to confirm order view to show the advert details, with price. Buttons "Pay Now" or "Cancel". Cancel action can either save nothing to the database adverts tbl, or could save it as published 0, or with a stale expiry date.

Summation:
I love the component, but did not do due diligence on pre-sales research, as I assumed that if you offered "premium" payment classifieds, the component would provide payment for any type of advert. Having put a lot of time into building my locations list, types and categories, I certainly have my heart set on being able to follow through and use the component on my site. However, I need to have paid ads (with or without a premium option, with or without different price package options (30-day ads, 60-day ads, etc), and with or without the option of free or paid. I just need my site to require payment before an advert is posted online. This is because I plan to invest time and $ into promoting the site, providing a valuable advertising resource to the sellers I will serve. Free adverts will not permit me to make the investment of time and $ to promote the site on search engines and via marketing campaigns.

You do not list "paid adverts" as a feature that is coming in your next release, so that is why I am asking directly about help achieving this with your component.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexba

No Premium Types - $? to Set Up Paid Ads 3 years 4 months ago #393

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Thanks for the brief explanation on premium type ads.
Sure, now we got the importance of "Pay to post ads" concept. Actually we are working in joomla 3.x compatibility and responsive feature for the next version update. So it is not possible to add the "Pay to post ads" feature in this update. But sure we will add this feature in our immediate next version after the joomla 3.x compatibility and responsive feature update version.

Note: But if you need it immediately. please contact our customization team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

No Premium Types - $? to Set Up Paid Ads 3 years 3 months ago #520

• Hans Doeve
  • Fresh Boarder
Is the use of e.g. Akeeba Subscriptions a solution to have paid access to set up ads?

No Premium Types - $? to Set Up Paid Ads 3 years 3 months ago #523

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Sure, you can use Akeeba subscription and make the advertisers to pay to post ads.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds