Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Captcha not shown

Captcha not shown 2 years 8 months ago #2271

• Mark Hearn
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Captcha is not showing when posting an advert. It is set on the component configuration, and appears on the contact form but not on the post an ad page. Is the correct? Should I not be able to use the captcha module for posting an advert?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Captcha not shown 2 years 8 months ago #2272

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Hi,

Captcha configuration in Jom Classifieds is only for the contact form. It will not displayed in Post Ad form.

Thanks.

Captcha not shown 1 year 11 months ago #4607

That is a major problem. Site security can easily be compromised if Captcha cannot be enabled on all forms. Do you know of workaround so Captcha can enabled on post ad as well as Classifieds login? Preventing DDos attack is of vital importance to me as I am sure it is to you.

Captcha not shown 1 year 11 months ago #4612

• Super User
  • Administrator
Dear Customer,

We can add captcha only to your Jomclassifieds Contact Advertiser form and it is not possible add captcha to your Posting Ad form.

Also Jomclassifieds uses Joomla's default Login and Registration and Joomla's default users can post ads. So you please check Joomla support to enable captcha in Login Form.

Please check the below link to add captcha in Registration Form,

www.learnjoomla.co.uk/joomla-2.5/how-to-...r-registration-forms

Thanks.

Captcha not shown 1 year 8 months ago #5018

I second moodog on this, since there is an option to allow FREE ADS for guest then the form has to be secured. Like for us which we only provide free ads, as much as I want to allow that for Guest but I cannot since Captcha is not enabled in Posting Adverts Form.

Can you guys reconsider this please? I would suggest to make that as an option and let site admin decide and not by the software.

Thanks!

Captcha not shown 1 year 8 months ago #5029

• Super User
  • Administrator
Dear Customer,

Sure, we will pass this feature to our product management team where they will analyse and add it in future.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds