Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Allow guest user to post ads

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4256

Hello,

I would like that users on my website can post ads without registering, and so I have ticket the box "Allow guest user to post ads". Is there any way for someone who posts ads this way, to later edit or delete their ad? If not, do you have any alternative solution (other than to force them to register and open an account)?

Many thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4261

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Actually when guest users post ad, an account will be automatically created for the guest user and details will be sent to their email. So in future they can use that account and edit or delete the ads.

Thanks.

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4280

That would be great solution, but for some reason, when a guest user posts ad on my website, it is taken to another "normal joomla registration page" where it is asked to fill in many details. How can I make it like you said, so that account is automatically created and details sent to their email?

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4290

• Super User
  • Administrator
Please open your Joomla admin and goto Jomclassifieds Configuration-->User Permissions. Here select "Yes" in the "Allow guest user to post ads" field and save it and check.

Thanks.

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4297

That is what I've done, but instead of creating the account and being sent details directly to the email address after posting the ad (like you said above), the user gets taken to another page where it is asked to create a user account and fill out details etc. How can I make it so that it is automatic like you said above?

Kind Regards.

Allow guest user to post ads 2 years 1 month ago #4298

• Super User
  • Administrator
Seems to be strange. Kindly send your site URL and Joomla admin username and password to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will check and update you.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds