Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Un authorized postings / Hacker?

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3827

I keep getting someone who is posting advertisements full of spam and garbage code who has figured out how to post without identifying themselves. Each time they post there is NO user listed. How are they doing this? I have attempted to replicate the process as a registered user, but there is no apparent way to post an advertisement while omitting who is posting it.

Whats going oh here? How is this person breaking the rules of this system... and more over how can I find them and prohibit them from attempting to post prohibited advertisements? Is there some sort of back door that this person is using?

Please help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3828

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Hi,

Kindly send the Spam advert link. So that we can check and update you.

Thanks.

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3829

I will next time they post. They have posted several times and my admin keeps deleting them.
I'll be sure to save the next one to send to you...

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3832

• Super User
  • Administrator
Thanks...

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3837

I did some digging on my own, and was able to simulate part of the issue I'm seeing... which was that posting were going up without Users being list (which essentially made the postings anonymous).

The way I was able to replicate the scenario was if the user was deleted, which would allow the advertisement to show up with out a user.

But this then brought up another question... HOW can a registered user delete their user account? I don't see and obvious way to do this?

The a fore mentioned replication I was able to work this out on this morning happened because my admin had deleted the user account, but not their advertisement... so it made THAT posting resemble the HACKER posting I'm originally inquired about.

Please let me know if there is a way that a registered user can delete their account, or opt out of the system somehow.

Un authorized postings / Hacker? 2 years 2 months ago #3838

• Super User
  • Administrator
Sorry, the users cannot delete their own account in Joomla sites without any third party plugins.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds