Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Categories are uneven

Categories are uneven 2 years 7 months ago #2535

Hi,

All of my categories appear uneven and are spaced out a lot. How do I fix this? The demo site is available at directifieds.com/index.php

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Categories are uneven 2 years 7 months ago #2541

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
In our demo site, we have same number of sub-categories for all the parent categories. So it looks even.

Kindly make it 4 columns in the column count field under Componentr-->Jomclassifieds-->Global Configuration-->Layout Settings-- Categories tree view.

Thanks.

Categories are uneven 2 years 7 months ago #2542

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
In our demo site, we have same number of sub-categories for all the parent categories. So it looks even.

Kindly make it 4 columns in the column count field under Component-->Jomclassifieds-->Global Configuration-->Layout Settings-- Categories tree view.

Thanks.

Categories are uneven [SOLVED] 2 years 6 months ago #2638

Actually, the reason they were uneven is because unless the lists inside the categories themselves are even the boxes will be disproportionate because they use a float. This is solved using the jQuery Masonry plugin to stack the divs properly when there are more items in a category than the next box/area. The jQuery masonry had to be configured a little to the component and works like a charm. Now when a user adds an item to the list they will all shift properly AND it is responsive too!
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds