Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Changing layout

Changing layout 2 years 8 months ago #2375

• april2915
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

Can you advise me on the following?

1) How do I change the layout for different views? For example, under search results, I want to show the category hyperlink but not the word "category" and under details view, I would like to change the layout and some wordings, such as "contact advertiser" to "contact owner".

2) How do I change the add advert form? Instead of postal code and location, I prefer to have website, email, etc

3) Is there way to extract the contact information from the advertiser profile instead of having advertiser to enter the details every time a new ad is added? I intend to use Jom Classifieds as directory. It is tedious to have owners entering the same contact information many times.

Thank you in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing layout 2 years 7 months ago #2378

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Hi,

1) How do I change the layout for different views? For example, under search results, I want to show the category hyperlink but not the word "category" and under details view, I would like to change the layout and some wordings, such as "contact advertiser" to "contact owner".

- Sorry it is not possible to change the layout for different views.

2) How do I change the add advert form? Instead of postal code and location, I prefer to have website, email, etc

- Sorry, the feature to change the Ad form is not available in Jom Classifieds.

3) Is there way to extract the contact information from the advertiser profile instead of having advertiser to enter the details every time a new ad is added? I intend to use Jom Classifieds as directory. It is tedious to have owners entering the same contact information many times.

- Sorry, this feature is not available in Jom Classifieds. But we will pass this to our product management team. They will analyse and add this in future.

Thanks.

Changing layout 2 years 7 months ago #2380

• april2915
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

If all of these are not existing functions, would it be possible for you to advise on the files required to hack for achieving these?

Thank you.

Changing layout 2 years 7 months ago #2383

• Super User
  • Administrator

- The above should be done in the default_list.php file from the below path,

Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- views - default -- tmpl -- default_list.php

- The above should be done in the add.php and edit.php file from the below paths,

Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- views - user -- tmpl -- add.php
Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- views - user -- tmpl -- edit.php

- The above should be done in the user.php, add.php and edit.php file from the below paths,

Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- models -- user.php
Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- views - user -- tmpl -- add.php
Root -- components -- com_jomclassifieds -- views - user -- tmpl -- edit.php

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: april2915

Changing layout 2 years 7 months ago #2395

• april2915
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information, it is really helpful.

I am done with most modification except for (3). I have the advertisers' information, such as address, website, etc under their jomsocial profile. I am hoping to grab those information from jomsocial database instead of getting the users to enter multiple times. Do you think the support team can advise on the code to grab the data? I can duplicate the code to achieve what I need.

I suppose it is relating to

<div class="user"><?php echo $username.' ('.$this->getuseradsCount($item->userid).')'; ?></div>
<div><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jomclassifieds&view=userads&id='.$item->userid.':'.$username.'&Itemid='.JRequest::getInt('Itemid'));?>">
<?php echo JText::_('SHOW_USER_ADS'); ?> </a> </div>
</div>

But I just need to know how to grab and display the data.

Thank you.

Changing layout 2 years 7 months ago #2397

• Super User
  • Administrator
Dear Customer,

Sorry, we are not familiar with Jomsocial code.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds