Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Locations

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #958

When I create a test advert, there is nothing listed in the drop-down menu under locations, even though I have USA and the UK listed as locations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #959

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Hi,

You may be selected USA/UK in the Home location field in your General configuration, which should be "Select a Location" where all the countries will be listed.

Thanks

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #961

I am not quite following you. In the admin side, I have gone into locations and added England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland. However, when creating an advert, none of these countries are listed in the location drop-down menu, in the address section

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #962

Okay, I've got it to work but I don't know whether this is how it should work. Basically I created a parent and call it United Kingdom. Then I created England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and used United Kingdom as the parents for these countries, this way they all now appear in the drop-down. I'm not entirely sure why they wouldn't appear before.

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #963

I am having to add more messages because I can't edit my original post because it hasn't been published yet.

Okay, Mike I said, I have put England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland under a root United Kingdom. However, Ireland is not part of the UK so I thought I would create another parent and put this under, however it doesn't appear in the drop-down.

Locations 3 years 1 month ago #966

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Hi,

Please select "Select a location" for the "Select your home location" field under Component-->Jom Classifieds-->General Configuration--Layout Settings.

If you still face issues, please send your joomla admin details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will check and update you.

Thanks
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Super User.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds