Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Locations

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #958

When I create a test advert, there is nothing listed in the drop-down menu under locations, even though I have USA and the UK listed as locations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #959

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 336
Hi,

You may be selected USA/UK in the Home location field in your General configuration, which should be "Select a Location" where all the countries will be listed.

Thanks

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #961

I am not quite following you. In the admin side, I have gone into locations and added England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland. However, when creating an advert, none of these countries are listed in the location drop-down menu, in the address section

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #962

Okay, I've got it to work but I don't know whether this is how it should work. Basically I created a parent and call it United Kingdom. Then I created England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and used United Kingdom as the parents for these countries, this way they all now appear in the drop-down. I'm not entirely sure why they wouldn't appear before.

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #963

I am having to add more messages because I can't edit my original post because it hasn't been published yet.

Okay, Mike I said, I have put England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland under a root United Kingdom. However, Ireland is not part of the UK so I thought I would create another parent and put this under, however it doesn't appear in the drop-down.

Locations 4 years 8 months ago #966

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 336
Hi,

Please select "Select a location" for the "Select your home location" field under Component-->Jom Classifieds-->General Configuration--Layout Settings.

If you still face issues, please send your joomla admin details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will check and update you.

Thanks
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Super User.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Contact us

No.2/A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, 100 Feet Road, SBM Towers, Velachery,Chennai - 600 042,India.
 skype.jomclassifieds

Copyright © 2013-2018 Jomclassifieds.com. All rights reserved. The Joomla! name, and logo are used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies