Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advanced Search Options Based on Category

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5435

Hello, I have few questions

1. I am stuck at setting up advanced search features based on category like here on olx www.olx.ae/cars-cat-378 on the left

2. If I am adding category Cars with subcategories of manufactures

-Cars
- -Toyota
- - - Yaris
- - - Corolla
- -Honda
- - - Civic
- - - City
- -Mitsubishi
- - - Lancer ex
- - - Lancer Fortis etc

I can have this structure with extra fields but the problem is in the search if one selects Cars then Subcat should appear from which he/she can choose toyota,mitsubishi, honda and The extra feild options should appear based on the manufacture selection I mean if Toyota is selected then Extra field option of toyota shuod appear yaris, corolla, parado and if selected Honda then Civic, City should appear

3. I want the search field for Cars model year min - max like price and have no idea how to set it up

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5444

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Thanks for the detailed explanation and sure it is possible with Jomclassifieds. Kindly send your site URL and Joomla admin username and password t o This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will set it up for you.

Thanks.

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5458

I have sent login details, Also I have encountered another problem. I don't want to display "Price" Field on certain categories, like Jobs, instead I want it to be salary and I don't see any way to disable Price field on categories.

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5459

• Super User
  • Administrator
Yes, we received the details but we don't have access to view your modules and also we can't able to open your front-end site.

Also the feature to disable price field for certain categories is not available in Jomclassifieds.

Thanks.

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5474

Please login now to check.

I have another problem

if I update the number of ads allowed in a membership it doesn't update in the users registered before that update.

for example free membership had only 1 allowed ad by default, I registered as a user and posted an ad later updated maximum ads allowed in free, it didn't update and there is no way to edit maximum ads allowed for user in admin.

Login by user
username: Muhammad
Password: 123456

This is the user I am talking about This user has already posted one ad remaining ads are 0. If I try to post another ad without selecting any membership (keep in mind now free membership has unlimited ads) I get this error
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM ir0l3_jomcl_premium WHERE type='membership' AND published=1 AND id=

Instead of saving the ad or displaying a message that user has reached allowed max ads in their membership.

Advanced Search Options Based on Category 1 year 6 months ago #5477

• Super User
  • Administrator
Dear Customer,

Actually it is the way we developed the component. Once the user purchased the membership with one ads and then the admin changing the number of ads to 10, The old customers can post only one ad. The customers who purchase after admin changed can post 10 ads. So it will not updated to old customers.

Kindly explain the exact way that you need?

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds