Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anonymous Email/Contact

Anonymous Email/Contact 1 year 6 months ago #5321

• Dave King
  • Fresh Boarder
I just had a quick question, is there a way to enable an Anonymous email/contact field where a user can place his/her email for their ad, and then when another user contacts for the Advert, it goes to a hidden/scrambled email address?

similar to craigslist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anonymous Email/Contact 1 year 6 months ago #5330

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Do you mean the alert feature? When a user search for an ad and he can't find it. So he request for an alert when the ad posted as per his requirement by entering his/her email id. Correct?

If so, this feature is currently not available in Jomclassifieds. If you need it, please contact our customization team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Thanks.

Anonymous Email/Contact 1 year 6 months ago #5401

• Ken
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
iikingli wrote:
I just had a quick question, is there a way to enable an Anonymous email/contact field where a user can place his/her email for their ad, and then when another user contacts for the Advert, it goes to a hidden/scrambled email address?
similar to craigslist.

I second this.
When someone contacts a seller about the ad, the real email is shown for both the person contacting and the seller. It should be anonymous.

Otherwise in big bold words there should be a disclaimer on the website that says, If you contact or are contacted about your classified ad your email address WILL BE SHARED WITH THE OTHER PERSON.

Anonymous Email/Contact 1 year 6 months ago #5409

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Dear Customer,

Sorry, it is not possible currently and we will pass this to our product management team where they will analyse and add this in future.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds