Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pay to see

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #308

Hello,

Your module is very interesting and i would like to know that:
- when a visitor is interested with an ad he can view its detail only if he is registered and have paid a given amount defined by the site's owner.

I've not seen ths possibility if 'm not wrong.

Thanks for your answer.

JP
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #309

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Yes, this feature is currently not available. Anyway i will pass this suggestion to our product management team. They will analyse and add this in our future version.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Pierre

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #316

Thanks for this answer.
I will follow this feature which has been wished by some customers.

Regards.
JP

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #334

• Leo Creger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am actually trying to create something very similar. I am trying to write some code that essentially does the following:

Upon registration, it assigns them to a 'pending' group and routes them to a menu (visible only by Pending and the only thing visible for Pending) that includes a Paypal link to pay. Upon successfully completing the Paypal process they are returned to the site and their group is updated to registered. If they never follow through with a successful payment, their account will be stuck in the pending group and the next time they login, they will only see the screen/menu with the pay now instruction.

It is taking a bit to learn the Paypal API process but it is great learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Super User, Jean-Pierre

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #341

Thanks for your effort.
If i understand correctly the visitor pays for 1 ad to see or for any number of ads ?

Pay to see 3 years 4 months ago #353

• Leo Creger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I think you could do it for a category of items relatively simple but that opens up all the items in that category. By the item may be more complex. I would actually look into one of the 'Credits' solutions that might be able to be incorporated as payment mechanisms. The user could pay a flat fee for a number of credits and then you could set credit values for items. In either case, you'll need a table per item that stores users that have paid or a table tied to the user that lists items they have paid for.

Good luck. Let me know what you find. I have this on my list of future thoughts to explore once I have the foundation built. It is very easy to get caught up with what it can be. I'm sure the development team is capable and willing to improve unique solutions. I'm looking forward to having them help with some of my needs.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds