Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there a way to limit Adverts Description text?

Is there a way to limit Adverts Description text? 1 year 8 months ago #5012

Hi There,
By any chance, is there a way to limit the description text of any Adverts? Would be nice if its a setting per Category or Global. But Category is better :P

Reason for this is we are still printing our Ads and since it's being printed we need to make the description as brief as it can so one week ads will fit in a sheet of paper. Also, the person incharge in printing can just copy and paste all the Ads in All Ads list view, clean up a little and print without modifying the description text so it fits the page.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there a way to limit Adverts Description text? 1 year 8 months ago #5013

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Dear Customer,

Actually the feature to limit the description character is available for the List View and Grid View. You can check it in your Joomla admin under Jomclassifieds Configuration -- Site Display Settings. Here you can limit the character under the "Description chars limit" field.

But if you need this feature in Detail Ad view page, sorry this feature is not available. If you need to customize, then please contact our customization team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks.

Is there a way to limit Adverts Description text? 1 year 8 months ago #5021

Yes, I am taking about description in Detail Ad view page. Well, I would leave this as a suggestion or for your consideration.

I already customized the add.php via template override.

I would also like to suggest if possible to let Site Admin choose to enable Description editor or not. It's just a simple switch.

Thanks!

Jackson

Is there a way to limit Adverts Description text? 1 year 8 months ago #5037

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
And once again thanks for all your feedback and suggestion and we implement these features in future.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds