Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change Location

Change Location 3 years 6 months ago #171

• Lim CL
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear All,
I would like to change the location in component and Search module because use it for my country only.
eg. change "Country" to "State"
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Change Location 3 years 6 months ago #172

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 292
Hi,

Sure we can change this for you. Kindly send the below details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. FTP details
2. Joomla admin username and password

Thanks
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Super User.

Change Location 3 years 5 months ago #211

• Joe Allen
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

My classifieds covers an area of a 20 radius in South Devon, UK. It would be great for me and I am sure for other users of Joom Classifieds to have more control on the location in the admin area and have the ability to make the location selection areas look less international.

Have a look at www.southhamsclassifieds.com/joomla to see what I mean.

So in Admin (when adding locations) it would be good to have:-

1. Home Location - (i.e. South Hams) - Set as a default, which would then not show the 'Country' in the front end or when people are adding a new advert.

2. In the drop down menu when adding locations, it would be good to have a few other options like:-

Town
Village
Area

3. When a new user creates the advert, the MAP can be set as a default to the South Hams (home location), instead of USA or UK for that matter.

4. In the front end, when searching a location, all I really want to display as a drop down is 'Select a Location' I do not want people to have to select a country 1st.

I'm sure you know what I mean, with a bit of work on the code you could have a solution to suit everyone. So my site is a good example of a small 'local' classifieds site.

Does this make sense?

Cheers, Joe

Change Location 3 years 5 months ago #214

• Super User
  • Administrator
We understood the issue you have and we started to receive lot of mails from users that they no need countries box. So, we decided to go with the following,

Our Idea :

Still, we will have two list boxes for the location. But the first list box will contain the list of parent locations you have added in your back-end. The other list box will contain all the child locations of the selected parent location. The select box will not ask to "Select a Country" and it will be changed to "Select a Location".

Your suggestion :

But your suggestion to add a "Home Location" seems to better idea than ours. So, the admin in back-end can add countries, regions & cities. But, we need to add option to set a Default / Home location. So, the Location selector in Advert Post form, Search Module and the Map will start from the Home location.

Still, we are in confusion to choose the better method from the above. As a Classifieds owner, which method would you prefer more ?
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Super User.

Change Location 3 years 5 months ago #215

• Joe Allen
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Having the ability to be able to set a 'default home location' would be best in my opinion. Which as you say will enable the control of the map to be localised when adding a new ad.

If this could be 'optional' other Classified owners can chose to set a default if they want to.

If you have a look at my site again, as long as a visitor can still search All Locations i.e. (South Hams).

Assuming a 'default location' is set, the 1st location will still be visible but with no drop down so only the second search box has the drop down to refine a location search to the child locations?

Cheers,

Joe

P.s. great script guys, keep up the good work! :)

Change Location 3 years 5 months ago #218

• Super User
  • Administrator
Thanks!!! We will go with this...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds