Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: couple of Issues and a few requests

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 3 months ago #3719

Hi,
I'm having a few problems which i have problems solving. I don't mind if they are hacks or code changes as long as I have knowledge of it so i'm able to edit it during updates.

1. After filling ad details and clicking post ad I'm getting blank screen and no image upload to ad (assuming certain size file the cause as smaller compressed images work)..

2. In all ads and favorites I'm unable to work my templates drawer/off canvas feature which contains iframe of post ad.. assuming a js conflict?

3. CSS display issue in post ad page columns messed up. most likely an easy fix but I've noticed it on a few templates I've tried..

Requests Questions..

1. Is there a way to select multiples of tags eg checkbox?

2. Code input in backend so we can insert banners between ads.

4. Top ads seems limited as to how its displayed, am rather hesitant on using this.. If possible changing ad background, selected number of ads with random rotation and category specific display would be awesome... Made as a module perhaps. I still have to play with the featured module a little more I might be able to achieve what I'm after with that...

5. Is it possible to set top ads days instead of per day.. When you have free ad for 90days it automatically selects 90days = $90 for top ad. Problem with this I feel it will scare a few customers from posting ads.

6. When a seller has promoted ad to featured for 14days is it possible to switch it to free ad once it expired automatically or does it require seller to do it manually?

Just a few things :) I'm sorry about bombarding you.. Otherwise i rather like this component.. Hope you can help.

Cheers,
Devdan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 2 months ago #3720

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 291
Hi,

1. After filling ad details and clicking post ad I'm getting blank screen and no image upload to ad (assuming certain size file the cause as smaller compressed images work)..

2. In all ads and favorites I'm unable to work my templates drawer/off canvas feature which contains iframe of post ad.. assuming a js conflict?

3. CSS display issue in post ad page columns messed up. most likely an easy fix but I've noticed it on a few templates I've tried..

- Please send the below details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . So that we will check the above issues and update. But it would be better if you explain your No.2 issue issue more in detail with a screenshot.

1. Site URL.
2. Joomla admin username and password.
3. FTP details.

1. Is there a way to select multiples of tags eg checkbox?
2. Code input in backend so we can insert banners between ads.

- We will pass the above two features to our product management team and suggest them to add this in future.

4. Top ads seems limited as to how its displayed, am rather hesitant on using this.. If possible changing ad background, selected number of ads with random rotation and category specific display would be awesome... Made as a module perhaps. I still have to play with the featured module a little more I might be able to achieve what I'm after with that...

- Currently you can display the Top ads in a separate module. But it is not possible to rotate or add back-ground. Anyway we also suggest this feature to our product management team.

5. Is it possible to set top ads days instead of per day.. When you have free ad for 90days it automatically selects 90days = $90 for top ad. Problem with this I feel it will scare a few customers from posting ads.

- Sorry, currently it is not possible to increase the Top Ad ads while enabling Top Ad because It is possible to create different membership plans and those plans will have different number of membership days. But the Top is common for all the plans. So you cannot provide Top Ad days commonly for all plans. So it is designed in a way to provide the amount for one day . In front-end, the users can select the number days the ad should display in TOP ADS. After selecting the days, the number of days will be multiplied by the amount that you have provided in the back-end.

6. When a seller has promoted ad to featured for 14days is it possible to switch it to free ad once it expired automatically or does it require seller to do it manually?

- Thanks for the suggestion and sure we will suggest this to our team.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Parkyns

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 2 months ago #3721

Thanks for your reply.

Details have been emailed..
Currently you can display the Top ads in a separate module. But it is not possible to rotate or add back-ground. Anyway we also suggest this feature to our product management team.

Great wasn't aware I could use top ads within mod.. I think i'd be able to workaround the look and feel by using modules anywhere..
Sorry, currently it is not possible to increase the Top Ad ads while enabling Top Ad because It is possible to create different membership plans and those plans will have different number of membership days. But the Top is common for all the plans. So you cannot provide Top Ad days commonly for all plans. So it is designed in a way to provide the amount for one day . In front-end, the users can select the number days the ad should display in TOP ADS. After selecting the days, the number of days will be multiplied by the amount that you have provided in the back-end.

Yeah I get why its designed that way and it make absolute sense. The problem is I use a button saying post FREE ad, user clicks and completes forms and finds $90 total by default (i'm aware that they can change it).. The component by default selects top ads days by membership selected so 90day free membership automatically sets top ads to 90days (1day = $1).. what I really want to ask is it possible to set top ads check button to false (unchecked)? then user needs to check it, alter days that way user doesn't feel they to have to pay $90 at first glance.... I hope that explains what I'm trying get at..

Cheers,
DevDan

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 2 months ago #3722

• Super User
  • Administrator
Yeah,,, Now i got it and sure we deselect the Top Ads check box by default.

Thanks.

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 2 months ago #3723

really? weird mines checked :( is there away to change it?

couple of Issues and a few requests 2 years 2 months ago #3724

• Super User
  • Administrator
We can edit your code and change it.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds